Cutting specialist advised at customer’s site
“In the past, we assigned about 60% of our cutting tasks to a sub-contractor. The remaining 40% were cut and deburred manually, which was a labor-intensive process. With our outdated guillotine shears, it took one to two hours to finish one workpiece”, said Haarhaus. We had planned to change things for some time. After the construction of our new shop building was completed in 2019, we started looking for a more effective solution and requested a quote from KNUTH. For Haarhaus two items were of utmost importance: The machine had to be able to sever structural steel in thicknesses up to 32 mm with a clean cut, and it had to be easy to operate providing an intuitive user interface. Since Wahlers’ order backlog left them no time for live demos at KNUTH’s Wasbek Cutting Center, Andreas Heinrich from KNUTH Domestic Sales brought Cutting Specialist Faruk Saglam along to his second visit at Stemmen. “After a detailed technical consultation, we decided to rely on Faruk Saglam’s recommendation, and we were not disappointed”, said Haarhaus.