According to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the responsible party is:
KNUTH Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH
D-24647 Wasbek, Germany
Telephone +49 (0)4321 609-0
Fax +49 (0)4321 689-00
You have the following rights with respect to our processing of your data:
(1) The right to information in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR regarding our processing of your personal data, concerning the purpose of that processing, categories of data processed, recipients or categories of recipients, storage period or criteria for determining the period, right to correct, erase, limit or object to the processing, right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, information about the source of the data and the existence of automated decision making, if applicable, and information on guarantees in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR in case of transfer to a third country or international organizations;
(2) The right to immediate correction of incorrect personal data or the completion of incomplete personal data in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
(3) The right to erasure of stored personal data in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, if the data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed, if consent that was granted has been withdrawn and there is no other legal reason for the processing, if an objection to the processing has been lodged and the data may no longer be processed in accordance with Art. 21 Paras. 1 or 2 GDPR, if data has been
processed unlawfully, if erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation or if data has been collected in relation to services provided by an information services provider in accordance with Art. 8 Para. 1 GDPR. However, this does not apply if the processing is required for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to file, exercise or defend legal claims;
(4) The right to restriction of processing in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR if you dispute the accuracy of the data (and for as long as is required to verify its accuracy), if the processing of the data is unlawful but you decline erasure and instead require restriction of its use, if the data is no longer required for the purposes of the processing but you need it to be submitted in order to file, exercise or defend legal claims, or if you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR and it has not yet been established whether our legitimate grounds outweigh your legitimate grounds;
(5) The right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 Para. 2 GDPR (if the data is processed for the purpose of direct marketing) or pursuant to Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR (if processing takes place in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 e) or f) GDPR, for reasons relating to your particular situation, unless we have compelling reasons for the processing that merit protection and outweigh your interests, or the processing is used to file, exercise or defend against legal claims).
(6) The right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, that is, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request its transmission to another responsible person;
(7) The right to withdraw consent granted pursuant to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR. The withdrawal of consent has the effect that we are no longer permitted to continue processing the data in the future, beginning when consent is withdrawn.
(8) The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. The supervisory authority responsible for us is shown in number 4 above. The right to lodge a complaint applies without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
(9) All requests for information, inquiries or objections to data processing should be sent to the address indicated under Point 1 Para. 2, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Automated decision-making is not used here.
The address of the supervisory authority responsible for us is:
Unabhängiges Landeszentrum für Datenschutz Schleswig-Holstein
24103 Kiel, Germany
(1) Upon every visit to our website, access data is stored in a log file on our provider’s server.
(2) This data set consists, e.g., of your IP address, the date and time of the request, the name of the file requested, the quantity of data transferred and the access status, a description of the web browser and operating system used, and the name of your Internet service provider.
(3) This data is collected for technical reasons. It is evaluated exclusively for statistical purposes and without personal reference (number of visitors and page popularity). The data is automatically erased after 14 days at the latest.
(1) When the website is used solely for informational purposes, i.e., if you do not register to use the website or provide us with other information, we do not collect any personal data, except for the data mentioned under 5.2, which your browser transmits to enable your visit to the website.
(2) When using our website, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk in association with the browser you are using and by means of which the entity which sets the cookie (in this case, us) transmits certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They only serve in this case to make our website more user-friendly and effective overall.
– Transient cookies (temporary use)
– Persistent cookies (time-limited use)
– Third-party cookies (from third party providers)
– Flash cookies (permanent use)
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser, including session cookies. These store a session ID that assigns the various requests made by your browser during the joint session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to the site. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may then not be able to use all the functions of this website.
e) The Flash cookies used are not received by your browser, but instead by your Flash plugin. They store the necessary data regardless of the browser you’re using and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on. The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in using data processing for statistical assessments regarding the use of our website and to optimize the user experience on our site.
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if desired. To do this, you generally must specify additional personal data, which we use in order to provide the relevant service. If additional voluntary information is possible, this is marked accordingly.
(2) When you contact the service provider by e-mail or via the contact form, we will store your e-mail address and, if you specify them, your name and telephone number, in order to answer your questions.
On some of our web pages, we embed YouTube videos. The operator of the respective plug-in is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA
94066, U.S.A. If you visit one of our sites that includes a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube server is established. In this case, YouTube will be informed about the pages you visit. If you are signed into your YouTube account, YouTube is able to assign your browsing activity directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this by signing out of your YouTube account.
If you have disabled cookies for the Google Ad program, then you should not get any cookies when viewing YouTube videos. YouTube will also store non-personal usage data in other cookies. If you want to prevent this, you will have to block cookies in your browser.
YouTube is used as part of displaying our online offers. This use is authorized under Art. 6, Sect. 1, item f) of the GDPR.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files that are saved on your computer and make it possible to analyze your use of the website. This type of use is authorized under Art. 6, Sect. 1, item f) of the GDPR. Information collected by the cookie about your use of this website is generally transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. If IP anonymization is activated on this website, however, your IP address will first be truncated by Google in member states of the European Union or in other countries which are contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. In exceptional cases only, the full IP address will be sent to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports about website activities and provide the website operator with further services related to website and Internet use. Google states that the IP address communicated by your browser through Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data. You can prevent cookies from being saved using the appropriate settings in your browser software; please note, however, that in this case you may not have full use of all the functions of this website. You can also prevent Google from capturing and processing the data collected by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de More information on the processing of user data by Google Analytics can be found in Google’s Data Privacy Statementhttps://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de. In cases where personal data will be transmitted to the U.S.A., Google will comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield principles, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
This page uses the Google Maps mapping service through an API. The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. To use the Google Maps functions, your IP address must be stored. This information is usually sent to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this page has no influence on that data transfer. Google Maps is used as part of displaying our online offers, and to make locations mentioned on our website easy to find. This use is authorized under Art. 6, Sect. 1, item f of the GDPR. This type of use is authorized under Art. 6, Sect. 1, item f) of the GDPR. Additional information on user data processing can be found in Google’s Data Privacy Statement at:
Our web pages use eRecruiter as a recruiting software for the entire recruiting process. The provider is eRecruiter GmbH, Am Winterhafen 4, 4020 Linz, Austria. For the purpose of optimization and analysis, eRecruiter may store cookies on your device. For more information, please see https://www.erecruiter.net/en/p/privacy-policy.
Our web pages use Salesforce as a Customer Relationship Management platform. The provider is Salesforce.com, inc., located at Salesforce Tower, 415 Mission Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States. For the purpose of optimization and analysis, Salesforce may store cookies on your device. For more information, please see https://www.salesforce.com/company/privacy/.
Our web pages use Cookiebot, a consent management platform that provides transparency and control over all the cookies and similar tracking on our website. Cookiebot is provided by Cybot A/S, located at Havnegade 39, 1058 Copenhagen, Denmark. For the purpose of optimization and analysis, Cookiebot may store cookies on your device. For more information, please see https://www.cookiebot.com/en/privacy-policy/.
Our web pages use Zendesk as a software-as-a-service products related to customer support, sales, and other customer communications. The provider is Zendesk, Inc., Snaregade 12, 1205 København, Denmark.
For the purpose of optimization and analysis, Zendesk may store cookies on your device. For more information, please see https://www.zendesk.com/company/agreements-and-terms/privacy-policy/.
You have the opportunity, via the “Contact” form on our website, to send us an encrypted e-mail with your queries.
So that we can address your queries, we ask you to enter your personal details in the submission form. This includes your name and e-mail address. In addition to the mandatory fields, you can also provide additional information. Optionally you can include your address and/or telephone number.
The requested information allows us to address your request comprehensively. The data you provide in this context is supplied expressly on a voluntary basis.
The personal data provided to us in your above-mentioned entries, as well as the time of the contact, are used exclusively for the purpose for which you made them available to us when making contact – in particular the processing of your request. The information given by you will be used
exclusively to process your request. The data is not used for other purposes or passed on to third parties without your express consent. Excepted from this – if required to fulfill your request – are partner firms of KNUTH Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH. These may include, for example, our suppliers, transport and logistics partners and our trading partners. If there are no statutory retention obligations, your personal data will be deleted after processing of the request.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is that we need your details to process or respond to your message.
The contents of our pages have been compiled with great care. Nevertheless, we accept no liability for the accuracy, completeness, or current validity of the content. According to § 7 Para. 1 TMG, as a service provider we are responsible for our own content on this website per general legislation. According to §§ 8 to 10 TMG, however, as a service provider we are not obliged to monitor transmitted or stored third-party information or to look for indications of illegal activity. Obligations to remove or block the use of information in accordance with general legislation remain unaffected. However, any corresponding liability only exists from such point in time as we become aware of a specific legal violation. Should any such legal violation come to our attention, we will remove the offending content immediately.
Our website contains links to external websites of third parties, over whose content we have no control. Therefore, we cannot accept any responsibility for this external content. Individual providers or operators of the linked sites are always responsible for the content of the sites. Linked websites were checked for any illegal content when the links were created. Illegal content was not apparent at the time the links were created. Continuous monitoring of the content of linked pages is not, however, reasonable without specific indications of legal violations. Should any legal violation come to our attention, we will remove such links immediately.
We secure our website and other systems using suitable technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification, or distribution of your data by unauthorized persons. However, despite regular checks, complete protection against all risks is not possible.
Our website uses industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption. By doing so, the confidentiality of your personal data over the internet is safeguarded. You can see whether an encrypted transfer is taking place by means of the locked key and padlock symbol in the display of your web browser.
We disclose your personal data to third parties only,
– if you have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 a) GDPR;
– if the disclosure is required to fulfill contractual obligations pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 b) GDPR;
– if we are legally obliged to disclose the data as per Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 c) GDPR;
– if the disclosure of the data is in the public interest as per Art. 6 Para. 1 e) GDPR;
if the disclosure of data in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 f) GDPR is required to preserve our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, if not outweighed by your privacy interests.
To process your requests satisfactorily, we may need to disclose your personal data to third-party recipients. Third-party recipients may be companies in the KNUTH group of companies (KNUTH Romania s.r.l.; KNUTH Industry OOO, COO “KNUTH Ukraine”; KNUTH (SA) (PTY) Ltd.; KNUTH Machine Tools, USA Inc.), our suppliers, transport and logistics partners or our trading partners.
Your data will only be stored for as long as is required for the purpose of the processing in question. In addition, we only store data when we are legally required to do so, e.g., based on statutory retention obligations.
An objection to the processing of personal data concerning you, based on Article 6 Para. 1 e) (data processing in the public interest) or f) (data processing to safeguard legitimate interests based on a balance of interests) is possible at any time pursuant to Article 21 GDPR. In the event of an objection, the personal data is no longer processed, unless compelling reasons for the processing that merit protection outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the person concerned or the processing is used to file, exercise or defend against legal claims.
Please direct your objection to the e-mail address email@example.com
If you have given us consent to process personal data, you may withdraw this consent from us at any time. This obviously also applies to us with respect to prior statements of consent issued before May 25, 2018 (before the GDPR went into effect). The revocation of consent always applies only with effect in the future. The lawfulness of the processing is not retroactively eliminated by a withdrawal of consent. Please direct your withdrawal of consent to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
This Data Privacy Statement is the version as of 02/07/2019. It is the current and valid version of our Data Privacy Statement.
Please note, however, that from time to time, based on changes in legislation or circumstances, modifications to the Data Privacy Statement may become necessary.
In case of data privacy questions, please contact our Data Privacy Officer at:
c/o Vater Solution GmbH
We have received your request and appreciate your interest! Our sales representative will get in touch within 1 business day.
Please refresh the page and try submitting the form again.